Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Long time since posting. Masonic "cult"???

An individual recently posted a comment under my "Raised to MM" post. He believes that I am a fool for joining a "cult" as he says. He mentions Christ. I forgot to tell him that one of the first and friendly brothers I met was a minister at the local church. I asked him why he was a mason. He said "it is a great fraternity where you can talk with your fellow mankind without all of the dogma and stigma that labels everyone nowadays. You get to listen to a person and their ideas with out worrying about religion, politics or racial precession." He went on to say that after all these years he had yet to find anything that conflicted with the bible,his service to God or his congregation. I am sure that the gentleman that posted about the "cult" would be quite surprised to find out which upstanding pillar members of his church are also masons. This supposed "cult" that I have joined has improved my transactions with mankind on a daily basis. It has greatly improved my family relationship. It has improved my work ethic. The list is too large to list all. But I truly cannot think of a section of my life that has not been positively affected by masonry. I have read and know the bible very well. There is no conflict with any thing in there and masonry. There is however conflicts in the bible amongst its own words. But you will not find me posting on the Baptist boards about these. I will not try to take someone away from anything that is a positive thing in their life. If a person has improved himself and offers more to his fellow man by joining any group it is a great personal growth no matter what the group. "THERE ARE AS MANY DIFFERENT WAYS TO APPROACH GOD AS THAT GOD CAN ALSO APPROACH YOU"

3 comments:

Pear tree cottage! said...

Jason hello to you. I am the wife of a master mason and am proud to say he is in many orders and will go into the chair of one lodge soon and then his lodge after that also. I do the dinners at several of his orders and find the men who go to be the most honest and sincere I have ever met. the friendship and brotherhood is just great. We have many friends (couples) made from all the orders and the ladies in the south at time is a great gathering and get togethers. I am in the OES and find this adds to the enjoyment of our outings. I wish you well on your path and know at each meeting friendships will grow for you. So greeting from Australia my husbands lodge is Zetland number 25. This was just a humble and simple hello.

Bro. Ken said...

It's a bit odd how people have developed the view of Masonry as a cult. I've had quite a few people say to me at work that they didn't know what it is about, but thought it was a secret society with conspiracy theories etc. Funny thing is, many of them also stated they had a family member who was a member of the Craft too. I've not been in too long, but I was Raised last night and every day and ever person I meet I have been inpressed and thankful.

slagathor said...

I've had family members who truly believe that the craft allowed them to have sex with as many women as they want. (I think they have watched too much Big Love or The DaVinci Code). I have heard many of them say that we are trying to take over the world, but in a way I guess that is true. If every man became a mason, then wouldn't the world be a much different, better place? I personally think there are many out there who need to learn to subdue their passions...