Monday, December 05, 2005

Less than 5 hours to go

This is the day of and less than five hours to go until the catechism and second degree. I am nore nervous now than I thought I would be. I have my memorization down perfect almost without a single word letter or syllable missed. But still I know it will be a different ball game going into the Lodge and doing it all. All that said, I am still gald I chose the old way instead of blue lighting. I will always remember these events, words and rituals.


My goals are to hone to near perfection every undertaking I come upon in Freemasonry and in life . I would like to go to officers school after becoming a M.M. I want to carry out each and every position that I am in with perfection. The way it is supposed to be done not sloppy not cutting corners but hopefully leading by example with the exactness that it was intended to be carried out. I would like to hold all of the officers positions in the lodge before moving on to the York or Scottish Rites. Thus, allowing me ot focus on my duties as an officer of the lodge. Being accessible to my fellow brethren when they need me. Showing the old and new that rituals must be followed to the letter.

Now I am asking a question to all brothers out there. If I were to only going to enter one of the Rites (York or Scottish) which would you recommend? I have been told the basics about both from a couple of brothers and the all differ in their opinion. Your input would be appreciated.
Fraternally yours
Jason

No comments: