Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Attending Lodge

Hello out there. I have a lodge meeting coming up on this Thursday. I traded with a fellow co-worker to get 2nd shift off on Thursday so I could attend. Our meetings are on the second Thursday of the month. This will be my first time attending a stated meeting. There will be dinner at 6:30 and Lodge at 7:30. I am always excited to walk through those doors. On a different note, my wife and I watched a movie called The Ghost Of Spoon River. We wanted to watch it because we both grew up and have lived most of our lives right where this movie was shot and is based on. The movie was based on the writings of Edgar Lee Masters and his book Spoon River Anthology. The movie was low budget but still very interesting. We were a little ways into the movie and then we both said HEY! That's Larry! And sure enough it was. Larry Eskridge, The worshipful Master of my lodge Lewistown #104. He had server different lines in the movie. It was very interesting to see someone you personally know on the DVD.
Larry is a Journalist for the Canton Daily Ledger and also a Professor at Spoon River College in Film and Drama. I might have a little fun with this on Thursday night at lodge. Well, enough for now. . Have a fraternal day!

No comments: