Monday, January 30, 2006

Freemasonry the fellowship of men

Blessed new week my fellow brothers. As I spoke before, I went to Havana, IL #88 for three E.A. degrees on Saturday....Well...Only one candidate showed up. So as they say the show must go on. I sat in a chair. The chair that has the easiest and least amount of duties. I was the Mashall. This was the first time I have been in a lodge as a master mason (besides my raising of course) My first time traveling as well. This fraternity is truly the greatest in the world. I had a great time watching the candidate go through and I made acquaintances with about 15 new friends/brothers. We had some of the best catfish filets that I have ever had. And along with the food a lot of great story telling. I love it. I always have loved listening to other peoples adventures highs and lows dreadful or gleeful real life events. It was brotherly fellowship at its best. An older mason told me once "I have met 1000 men I would have never met had it not been for masonry" This is so true. Now that I went to this lodge on Sat I met those men listened to their stories shared some of my own. What a great way to enrich your life. Oh yeah that's so-and-so the from Havana lodge that used to be a police officer and remember that story he told about.....

On a different note. I bought an apron to take with me to lodge. I bought it off of eBay and it was a good price and very high quality. I am impressed. This guy who sells them is a brother and he sews them himself. All of the symbols are embroidered not a print. I gave $65 for the apron.















Well until next time...
Fraternally yours
Jason

3 comments:

Widow's Son said...

Re: Your missing sidebar. I think when you added that counter code you changed the sidebar code too.

Unless you've made a lot of other modifications to the template that you don't want to lose, the easiest way to fix the issue would be to choose a new template. You can chose the same one you're using, but chosing it again would get the source code back to the way it should be. You won't lose any of the articles you've written.

Hope this helps.


The Widow's Son

Unknown said...

Greetings Brother-

Ive been thinking about buying my own apron to wear in Lodge. I was wondering what the reaction to you wearing your own, beautifully decorated apron as opposed to the standard white cotton ones available at the Tyler's post. I would very much like to get one, but dont want to tread on any tradition (I was only raised in October). You can email me at sakincannon@yahoo.com. Im just not sure what the regulations regarding aprons under the GL of IL are.

Fraternally.

Brother S.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful apron and great site!

I am hoping to initiated as an EA next month and can't wait to wear the various aprons and learn the craft.

Thanks.

http://myfreemasonryjournal.blogspot.com/